راتب اساسي: $881 شهريا
Head Guard – UNRWA
Head Guard, Grade 07 (2 posts)
- Vacancy Announcement
- Deadline for Applications 30 September 2021
- Source of Fund Programme Budget
- Contract Type & Duration Fixed-Term Appointment for 3 years including 1 year probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need
- Department Gaza Field Office – Field Security and Risk Management Office.
Do you want to make a lasting difference?
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a tangible difference for one of the most vulnerable communities in the world, UNRWA would like to hear from you.
Field Security and Risk Management Office In this role, the incumbent is responsible to the Security and Safety Officer (SSO) and supervises guards through the Security Shift Supervisor.
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Supervises the guard force to ensure efficiency of service by:
- Keeping Security Shift Supervisors and the guard force informed of the security situation; ensuring high standards of alertness are maintained;
- Ensuring that sites are not left unattended at any time and conducting frequent patrols and spot checks to ensure that Security Shift Supervisors and Guards are working according to the established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Organizing foot-patrols for the purpose of identifying potential malfunctions of physical security measures, other technical appliances and intercepting unauthorized persons attempting to enter the premises;
- Ensuring that guards correctly identify and question individuals who remove UNRWA property to ensure that the individuals have property removal permission (i.e. Load Note);
- Ensuring that guards are alert for any potential or actual breaches of security, disturbances or unusual activity such as hostile surveillance detection and reports these to his/her supervisor;
- Advises SSO on security and safety matters, recommends solutions, evaluates security problems and incidents, responds in accordance with standard operating procedures, and notifies supervisor accordingly;
- Maintains paper and computer log books, completes incident reports and records as per established SOPs;
- Supervises the process of ensuring that adequate controls are in place regarding access control of staff, visitors, vehicles and material goods equipments entering and leaving the compound;
- Provides information, issues identification cards and directions to visitors as per established SOPs;
- Supervises correct use of security equipment such as computers (Basic computer skills), xray machines (walk through and baggage), CCTV, communications equipment, fire alarm system, public announcement system etc;
- Supervises, checks for and reports on weapons and/or armed actors wishing to enter UNRWA premises as per established SOPs, HQ Legal Instruction regarding privileges and immunities, related responsibilities of the Agency and its staff members and UNRWA’s regulatory framework;
- Supervises facility execution drills, fire drills, emergency/incident response drills, mass casualty drills and readiness drills with local first responders; supervises response to fires and medical incidents in an appropriate manner; reports fire and safety violations/hazards to his/her supervisor; works and cooperates with assigned fire/floor wardens;
- Administers basic on the job training to newly recruited Security Shift Supervisors and Guards;
- Performs such other duties as may assigned.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Education Successful completion of full secondary education.
- Experience At least three years of experience in a similar field of work.
- Language(s) Working knowledge of spoken English and written Arabic.
Basic knowledge of written English.
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably in UNRWA;
- Qualification/ certificate in fire preventionfighting and first aid;
- Qualification/ certificates in security matters, preferably in UNRWA, or UNDSS.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies: UN Core Values of Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default. In addition, the following functional competencies apply:
- Proven ability to perform at a supervisory level with minimal direct supervision;
- Good communications skills, including ability to draft shift reports;
- Demonstrated ability to solve operational issues/problems;
- Professional and courteous attitude and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a stressful environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity including gender balance;
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software programmes;
- Maintains a high sense of confidentiality. Conditions of service
- Basic Salary: Monthly basic salary from $881.60; and monthly dependency allowance up to $123.25.
- Contract Duration: Three years including 1 year probation period.
- Leave: 36 days of annual leave for staff attending UNRWA duty stations with six-day
- working week. 30 days of annual leave for staff attending UNRWA duty stations with fiveday working week.
- Pension: Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency)
- Other conditions of service and benefits may apply.
How to Apply